It’s not just a new year, it’s a new decade! This is a great time for teens to think about forming new routines and habits and trying new things. Here are five New Year’s resolution to share with your children.
- I’ll watch more live theater. With the Teen Arts Pass, teens can experience live arts performances around Chicago for just $5. There’s even an app for that!
- I’ll tell someone if I’m experiencing persistent sadness and loss of interest in friends and activities. And I’ll encourage my friends to get help if they need it. NAMI Chicago provides support, information, and resources through their hotline: 312.563.0445.
- I’ll find a new way to incorporate exercise and outdoor adventure. You can start with snowtrekking at Northerly Island!
- I’ll help my community by volunteering for local aid organizations. Thrillist has an excellent roundup of local volunteer opportunities. Be sure to check for any age restrictions. Most organizations allow minors to volunteer as long as an adult is present.
- I’ll eat more healthy fruits and vegetables. Several Chicago farmers markets operate year round including Green City Market, Logan Square Farmers Market and the 61st Street Market.